Welcome to my little corner of bloggy land. Here you will find a glimpse into our everyday lives as we are truly happy in the service of the King!

06 May, 2011

Mothers' Appreciation Evening

Last night we held a Mothers' Appreciation Evening at the church. The teen girls and another lady from the church helped me with it. I only have pictures of the tables. I wanted to get photos during the evening, but I misplaced my camera and found it after everything was over. Ooops! Three of the teen girls helped Miss Crystal with the table decorations. I think they did a great job!

We didn't have a meal, just finger foods. The other three girls helped me prepare the following:

Cucumber Sandwiches
Ham Salad on French Bread
Apples and Caramel Dip
Zucchini Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Punch

I think the Mother's really enjoyed themselves. Two of the girls' mothers who don't attend our church came for the evening and commented that they had a great time! Thanks for all your help, Miss Crystal, Dani, Sarah, Joanna, Crystal, Ihimaera, and Petra!

On to a completely different subject - My husband sang for the special music in church! For those of you who don't know my husband - singing in public is not his thing. He thinks he can't sing, but I think his voice is good. In the morning service he sang with two of the men from church. They were all nervous, but they did great!


There are some teen girls that have been bugging him to sing in church for a long time. Two of the girls are moving away tomorrow, so Sunday was their last service with us. Pastor finally gave in, and sang with them on Sunday night. They all had so much fun!


And now, because no post would be complete without them (and my Mom wouldn't be very happy) some photos of Abby!

This little girl loves to play outside. One of her favourite things to do outside is to find the rocks under the porch and play with them. She will spend an hour or more outside by herself just playing with the stones she finds. Here she is showing off one of her prized possessions. If you look closely, her socks have John Deere tractors on them - thank you, Uncle James.

This is how Abby usually spends Sunday afternoon. So peaceful! Ever since she was born she has slept with her arms up like that. In hospital the midwives were always trying to wrap her arms up, but she always managed to get them out like this. Some things never change!

Have a great day!



No comments: