Welcome to my little corner of bloggy land. Here you will find a glimpse into our everyday lives as we are truly happy in the service of the King!

08 August, 2012

My poor, sad blog

When I started this blog, I had very good intentions of updating it regularly. If you have been following my blog, you know this has not happened. I forget and forget to post and then wonder where should I start and why have I left it for so long.  There are lots of reasons why I put it off.  The biggest reason is that it is winter.  Yes, you read that right, it is winter here.  The room our computer is in is so cold.  Like most homes in New Zealand we heat only one room.  The room the computer is in is not the room that we heat.  Most days you can see your breathe in the room all day long.  I don't like to type when my fingers feel like they are so cold they are going to fall off.

I could also blame sickness.  This winter has been extremely hard for our family.  We seem to be continually passing bugs back and forth.  We just seem to be getting over everything and then one of us gets sick and starts the cycle all over again.

I could blame being busy for the reason I don't get around to blogging.  Since I last posted in March we have had an Easter party, an ANZAC service, a youth rally, a big bus blowout, and a Bible revival.  That added together with everyday things really makes for a lack of time in the blogging world.

Putting all of those excuses aside, here are some photos of things that have been going on since my last post in March.  These are all from April.  There will be more (hopefully) in the days to come.  If you don't like seeing lots of pictures of Abby, then you may want to quit now.  If you do (Mom) then continue on at your own risk!

One of our favourite places to visit: Virginia Lake.



A hand-me-down dress from a friend.  Doesn't she look so cute!


ANZAC service at church (ANZAC day is our memorial day.  It is held on the 25th of April every year.  On the Sunday closest we have a special service at church.  On the actual day there is a ceremony at dawn (5:30am) at the local war memorial.  Abby and I didn't make it this year.  We were sick and our beds were so warm and snug. Maybe next year.)



Coming up next: Easter party at our house (if I can find the CD of pictures!)

No comments: