Welcome to my little corner of bloggy land. Here you will find a glimpse into our everyday lives as we are truly happy in the service of the King!

04 May, 2010

Company's Comin

Tuesday night we had a wonderful time with some people from our church. We invited them over for dinner and also played some games. The menu for dinner was:

Herb Roasted Chicken
Cheesy Potatoes
Steamed Carrots
Steamed Broccoli
Salad
Bread Rolls
Garlic Bread


And for dessert we had chocolate self-saucing pudding and vanilla ice cream. So yummy!

Not only was the food great, the fellowship was even better. There were 12 of us here and we laughed and had so much fun. I wish I had thought to take pictures! Oh, well, maybe next time.

Because the cheesy potatoes were such a hit I thought I'd share the recipe. I got this from one of my students when I taught in America. Yum!

Cheesy Potatoes

2 lbs. frozen hash browns (I just peel and shred potatoes)
1 pint sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded or cubed)

Combine all ingredients except potatoes in a large bowl. Fold in potatoes. Spoon into slow-cooker. Cook on high 1 1/2 hours, then on low 2 1/2 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments: