Welcome to my little corner of bloggy land. Here you will find a glimpse into our everyday lives as we are truly happy in the service of the King!

06 July, 2010

Catch up

So much has happened since I posted last. Where do I start? Where do I finish? How much do I remember?

Our Big Bus Blowout went really well! This is the anniversary of our bus ministry and we celebrate every year and try to get as many people as possible to ride the buses to church that day. We ran two buses this year. "A" bus had 71 riders and "B" bus had 51 riders! Praise God! We even had several parents come along with their children that day. Two of the mothers that came that day got saved!!!!!! I think there were 10 children that got saved that day as well. Praise God!

Those who rode the bus to church for the Big Bus Blowout


Abby is getting so big! We had her 3 month checkup last week. She is now 15 pounds and 25 inches long. She is in the 97th percentile for length, and the 85th percentile for weight. She can almost roll over. She loves to sit propped up on the couch watching everything going on around her. She LOVES her fingers and putting things into her mouth. She doesn't really suck her fingers, she chews on them. Anything she can her hands unto goes straight into her mouth. She is also "talking" more. Most mornings when I go in to get her she is lying in her bed just talking away.



Every month we have what is called "Strength and Beauty." This is an activity for the teen girls. We get together every month to have fun and learn stuff. In June we learned how to knit. I'm still working on my scarf! This month I gave the girls some old pants and told them to be creative and make a bag. They were a bit apprehensive at first, but they got into it and did a really great job. I didn't get a photo of all the bags, but these are a few. The point to this was to make do with what you have and be creative.



A few of the bags the girls made

We even celebrated the 4th of July on Sunday night. We had one of the families in the church over and we had hot dogs and roasted marshmallows in our fireplace to make s'mores. YUM! We had a great time just being together - even though the holiday has no real meaning here. My husband is so awesome at letting me celebrate my American heritage and making those celebrations fun. We even had fireworks! You can only by fireworks here in November so we saved some from then and lit them off on Sunday night. Our friends that came over had a little boy who is 1 1/2. He loved the fireworks!



This Friday and Saturday is our 4th annual Youth Rally. This year we have teens coming from 7 other churches. Please pray for their safety as they travel and for the preaching to get a hold of their hearts. We should have somewhere around 60 teens here for this.

Well, that's all I can remember for now. Thank you all for praying for my sister and her family. I know they appreciate the prayers.

2 comments:

Jaques, Jillian & Co. said...

awhhh!! Abby is gorgeous!!! She looks like her dad i think. Its great that you have started a girls teen group! I became a Christian becuase some blessed "Missionary" paster handed out leaflets on it. I still remeber, one night I was sitting being board and i saw the leaflet that i had forgoten to through in the trash. I didnt have any thing to do so i tryed it out, and became a Christain! My husband and i now love the LORD with all our hearts!

Love
Jillian & Co.

Spectacular Expo Events said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today! I found you from a comment you made on The Preachers Wife blog. May God bless you and your family as you serve Him.